Please Note: This website will be continuously updated as schedules are finalized. Additionally, students will receive more information via e-mail regarding their respective Ram Welcome schedules very soon! Ram Welcome activities will primarily be virtual in order to follow physical distancing and public health guidelines. Links to these sessions and your college sessions will be available in Canvas, starting Monday, August 17.
You can access your Virtual Ram Welcome from any browser, but for the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. You can also view your Virtual Ram Welcome from any smart phone.
To access Ram Welcome:
1. Visit the following link: https://canvas.colostate.edu/
2. Login using your eID and password
In addition to your scheduled Ram Welcome, you are expected to participate in programming available to all students throughout the week of August 18-August 23rd.
All International Students will begin their Ram Welcome experience on Thursday, August 20th. Ram Welcome for International Students will be a two-day event. Day 1 (Thursday, August 20th) is an afternoon with information that will help with your CSU success. Day 2 (Friday, August 21st) includes virtual small group meetings with a Ram Welcome Leader with other domestic students who you will be living and interacting with at CSU.
Small group meetings will provide new students a way to connect with a current student leader, connect with their new student peers and learn more about Colorado State University. Links to presentations and small group sessions will be provided to students via Canvas. Small group information includes:
- Welcome messages from university leadership
- Learning about CSU traditions
- Discussing how to prepare for classes
- Learning what it means to be a part of the CSU Community, and more.
Students will receive information about how to access these virtual small group meetings a few days prior to Ram Welcome. In addition to the virtual small group meetings, students will be provided with a variety of things to do on their own to connect to the university throughout the week. Each residence hall will have virtual programming and opportunities for residents to connect with other students in their building in the evenings the week of move-in.
Sample Ram Welcome Schedule for International Students:
Thursday, August 20th:
- 1:00pm-1:15pm – Tech Check-In
- 1:15pm-1:25pm – Welcome
- 1:30pm-2:00pm – Dining and Dietary Information
- 2:15pm-3:15pm – Academic Integrity and Success in a U.S. Classroom
- 3:30pm-4:00pm – Current International Student Panel
Friday, August 21st:
- 9:30am-10:15am – Small Group Meeting #1 (Welcome to Colorado State University)
- 10:30am-11:15am – Small Group Meeting #2 (Preparing for Classes)
- 11:15am-1:00pm – Lunch Break on Own
- 1:00pm-2:00pm – Small Group Meeting #3 (We Are CSU: What it Means to Be a Part of the CSU Community)
- Sign up for a time – Pick up Ram Welcome Materials at the Ram Welcome Distribution Tent (sign-up link provided at a later date)
Ram Welcome programming available to ALL International students (both on and off-campus students) throughout the Week of August 18 – August 23, 2020:
- Scheduled Virtual College/Department Welcome Activities for all new students. Students will participate in sessions specific to their college/major. Please find more information about the date and time of your college session on your Canvas Ram Welcome page, as these vary throughout the week.
- Virtual Interest Sessions scheduled each day. A series of webinars with various campus offices(Involvement, Learning Programs, the Outdoor Program, Fraternity & Sorority Life, the Library, Rec Center, etc.) will be available for students. Please do note the frequency and times of the webinars as not all will happen daily.
- A variety of things for students to engage in on their own. Students will be provided a list of activities and links to complete activities during Ram Welcome week.
- Sign up to pick-up Ram Welcome Materials. Student need to sign up to pick-up Ram Welcome materials at the Ram Welcome distribution tent. These materials include students’ 2020 For-Ever-Green T-shirt, A gift from ASCSU, giveaways from students’ academic college and departments and more.
Links to these sessions and your college sessions will be available in Canvas, starting Monday, August 17.
For more information, contact Orientation and Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org, (970) 491-6011 or use the live chat function on this website.